Experiences funded by iGNITE are an integral part of educating the whole child. They motivate learning and spark imaginations.
Past activities have included:
• Presentation by acclaimed children’s book author Carolyn Crimi.
• Visit from Aux Sable, the Native American traveling museum.
• HiTech/HiTouch science experiments to support the matter unit.
• Hands on experiences with nature and life cycles in the McKenzie Gardens, guided by Julie Zielke.
• Field trip to the Wilmette Historical Society to reinforce social studies curriculum.
• Mad Science interactive presentation on sound.
• Ensemble Espanol flamenco dance performance.
• Field trip to the Heller Nature Center to learn about life on the prairie.
• River Trail Nature Center presentation on Birds of Prey.
• Field trip to the Shedd Aquarium to experience habitats and ecosystems.